For the first time in Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) Las Vegas history, the nation’s largest and most anticipated dance music festival will offer an expansive four-night camping experience situated right next to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. EDC Las Vegas will return to the desert Friday, May 18 to Sunday, May 20, for the 22nd dusk-to-dawn celebration. Fans who join Camp EDC will have access to a number of options and amenities including pre-built ShiftPod2 “advanced shelter systems” with cushy artificial grass flooring and air conditioning, bring-your-own RV plots, a fully stocked and staffed center camp experience called The Mesa, entertaining communal activities and more. Headliners who have already purchased their EDC Las Vegas 2018 festival passes will have first access to buying Camp EDC passes during the pre-sale on Wednesday, November 15 at 12 PM PT. The general on sale will begin on Thursday, November 16 at 12 PM PT, here.
“Every year I challenge myself to find ways that we can enhance the EDC experience,” said Pasquale Rotella, Founder and CEO of Insomniac. “One of my dreams has always been to create an immersive camping element to the festival, and I’m proud to announce that today, that idea becomes a reality with Camp EDC. We’re building out an expansive campground complete with air-conditioned ShiftPod tents and a drive-your-own RV option, in addition to a full center camp area called The Mesa that features tons of amenities and activities like daytime pool parties, yoga, group exercise classes, a curated speaker series, 24-hour food and beverage options, go-kart racing and plenty of art. There are so many things our Headliners can explore in Camp EDC, but the most exciting part is that people will be able to connect with one another in a completely new way.”
Festivalgoers seeking an all-inclusive community experience—and the most efficient way to avoid traffic—can check in at Camp EDC beginning Thursday, May 17, from 3pm–2am and check out on Monday, May 21, by 7pm. All campers will have access to bathrooms, free showers, and all activities and amenities at The Mesa while enjoying full festival in-and-out privileges during show hours. Bikes are encouraged to navigate through the grounds, as tent and RV campsites will be separated.
The Mesa will offer Headliners a place to recharge, refuel and connect with one another in a fully immersive and creative environment. Featured amenities include:
· Thursday night kick-off party in the campgrounds feat. special guest DJ sets on the Parliament Art Car
· Go-kart racing
· Expansive Mesa pool complete with palm trees and walk-up bars
· Glitter and jewel makeovers
· Hair cuts, beard trims, and styling at the Barber Shop, open daily
· Airbrush body art
· Traditional yoga, acrobatic yoga, meditation, and Reiki cleansing
· Sound healing
· Rave aerobics and hula hoop classes
· Live model art
· Field day games like foot races, tug-o-war, and scavenger hunts
· Speaker series and comedic character performances
· Women’s wellness workshops
· Shaded spaces and misting stations with artificial grass
· A variety of food truck options serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
· Beverage stands featuring alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
· 24-hour filtered water, medical, security and Ground Control services
· A general store, an information booth and a lost & found
· Free charging stations
· A shuttle service to nearby grocery stores (at extra cost)
· Pedicab service to and from the festival (at extra cost)
All tent camping options are fully enclosed, lockable, dust-controlled ShiftPod2 structures with comfortable artificial grass flooring, air conditioning, interior lighting, 4-port USB strips, access to The Mesa amenities, and include one vehicle pass. Extra add-ons will be available for purchase on the EDC Las Vegas Camping website.
MEET THE SHIFTPOD2
Constructed with weather-resistant, multilayered, ultra-reflective fabric to help protect against the elements, the ShiftPod2 is a 12.5′ x 12.5′ x 6’10” advanced shelter system that has been a staple of campers and festivalgoers all over the world. At EDC, each ShiftPod2 in the campground will be air-conditioned and set up on a cushy artificial grass floor for added comfort.
The inaugural Camp EDC program will introduce three convenient lodging options, including:
· Moonglow Camping ($1,199 per group, includes all taxes and fees): One vehicle pass plus accommodations for up to four people. Bedding is not included.
· Desert Rose Premiere Camping ($1,499 per group, includes all taxes and fees): Accommodations for up to two people. Includes one vehicle pass, one deluxe queen bed or two single beds with linens and pillows, premier location closest to the festival entrance, and exclusive access to dedicated Desert Rose Camping showers and A/C restrooms.
· Bring-Your-Own RV ($329 per RV, includes all taxes and fees): Accommodations for up to eight people. RV campers will receive a 15-foot x 50-foot parking space, one vehicle pass, access to tent camping bathrooms and showers, and all Mesa amenities. Water and power can be purchased separately. All RVs must have a working air conditioner powered by an on-board generator.
Camp EDC passes will be available to festival pass holders first, on Wednesday, November 15, at 12 PM PT, followed by the general on sale, Thursday, November 16 at 12 PM PT, here.