Over the weekend at Lightning in a Bottle, a 20-year-old attendee died after attending the festival. According to reports, Baylee Gatlin, a Ventura College student, was taken to Twin Cities Community Hospital in Templeton on Sunday at 2:12am, where she was later pronounced dead at 3:42am.w

Her cause of death is not determined yet as the autopsy report is still pending. Although the festival provided medical access 24 hours a day, all weekend long, Gatlin’s aunt is speaking out against the festival’s ways.

Her aunt went on to say that her death, “could have been prevented. They could have had medical services for her, and they didn’t. And they could have had sensible people working in what was supposed to be the triage or medical and apparently they didn’t.”

Lightning in a Bottle posted on their website: “The LIB Ranger Team and Medical teams will be on patrol and stationed 24 hours a day throughout the festival in the event you need their assistance. If you ever need assistance you can contact any LIB staff member, go to the medical stations, info stations or any campground management booth.”

If anyone has any information on Gatlin’s death, please contact Detective Rory Linn at 805-781-4514.

Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to her family, friends, and loved ones. Remember to be safe everyone, and no matter what, don’t be afraid to grab medical attention, your life is too precious.


3 Responses

  1. Steve

    They do realize she chose to take drugs right? On her own, she chose to take things that she knew could possibly kill her. In fact, her friends even warned her not to take that last one and SHE SAID “DONT WORRY ILL BE FINE ITS MY LAST ONE ANYWAYS”. How dare the parents have the audacity to try and blame a festival for their child’s immature decisions. My condolences to the family and friends who lost someone, but they need to understand the truth. It happened, because she chose that route. Simple.

  2. Anonymous

    Maybe “she chose that route”, but why was she kept in the medical tent and not taken to the hospital? How was she being monitored? Was she being monitored? You need not judge and act as if she deserved this, when the events of that night is still unknown

    • Anonymous.

      Oddly enough, there is no mention of her being in a medical tent. But also, in order for an ambulance to be called, she would have been seen by the medical staff. Which were adequate. Beyond that. Actually.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.